EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
EMBEDDED SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Do you have experience in writing embedded software, and know how to design print circuit boards? Spectral, a system integration and smart energy services company in Amsterdam, is looking for a full-time embedded systems developer to join the existing development team to help drive the energy transition. If you can bring talent and enthusiasm, we can offer the opportunity to become a part of a game-changing team working on smart projects and products!
Spectral develops technical solutions that help propel the evolution of smart energy networks. We are involved across the whole grid, whether it’s a community, building, energy farm, neighborhood, or all at the same time! Some areas we focus on include: improving asset efficiency, unlocking the value of energy storage, facilitating demand flexibility, and locally produced renewable energy. All to propel the evolution of smart energy networks and accelerate the global transition towards a 100% renewable, clean energy supply. We believe that one of the most urgent issues is to solve the challenges for sustainably providing for our energy needs. You can find out more about Spectral’s mission here.
Our new embedded systems developer will work in a small team that is developing new hardware products to accelerate the energy transition. You will also collaborate with software developers to integrate hardware onto our platforms and get input from our control systems engineers on integrating robust control systems to optimize energy assets such as renewable energy power plants and storage systems. We are looking for someone to join the team on a full-time basis.
- embedded energy management systems
- M2M communication interfaces
- advanced control and optimization algorithms
- physical/cybersecurity systems
- user interfaces (both embedded and cloud-based)
- measurement systems
Your tasks might include:
- developing control and data logging interfaces for cloud-based control and monitoring them(e.g. for smart appliances within a microgrid)
- writing software features/upgrades for our sensors monitoring building environmental parameters
- supporting our engineers in designing Energy Management Systems (e.g. designing and implementing low-level control for a microgrid or smart building EMS)
We’re looking for someone passionate about applying technology to find optimal solutions. Our ideal candidate is capable of adaptively working with different programming languages and frameworks. Since we work with such a wide range of technologies, we are looking for developers who can adapt rapidly to new challenges and are keen to learn.
- 3+ years’ relevant professional work experience in systems integration and embedded development for local controllers within mission-critical systems
- Good knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with writing software
- Experience with a wide range of communication protocols including Modbus, OPC, CAN, IEC 61850
- Fluency in English; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Affinity with our mission
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, problem solving attitude
- Thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Good understanding of SCADA systems and existing industry control systems
- Previous experience inthe energy industry and technology/protocols related to building automation (Building Management Systems, BACnet)
- A proven track record of implementations with technology such as Linux, Python, embedded C, Atmel studio, time-series databases and/or automated test tools
- Familiarity with information security and related standards such as ISO 27000
- Fluent Dutch
An awesome, multicultural and very ambitious entrepreneurial team and the chance to change the world for the better using innovative software! No unnecessary hierarchy, but a team of like-minded individuals that are committed to making a lasting change in the energy landscape. You will be offered a competitive salary. We’ve got perks like free fruit, organic lunches at the office twice a week, and many more. The start date is flexible, but you could begin immediately.