Do you have experience in front-end development and want to help drive the energy transition? Spectral, a system integration and smart energy services company in Amsterdam, is looking for a front-end developer to join our existing development team. If you can bring talent and enthusiasm, we can offer the opportunity to be a part of a game-changing team working on cutting-edge applications including blockchain implementations for peer-to-peer energy trading, management systems for high-performance microgrids and smart meter data analysis tools.
Spectral develops technological solutions that unlock the value of energy storage, demand flexibility and locally-produced renewable energy, propelling the evolution of smart energy networks. Our mission is to accelerate the global transition towards 100% renewable, clean energy supply. We believe that one of society’s most urgent issues is to solve the challenges for providing for our energy needs in a sustainable way. Not only is access to energy essential for high quality of life, but virtually all aspects of modern life are reliant on an input of energy. Our long-term vision is to develop scalable solutions that will revolutionize the way we provide for all of our core resources, focusing on the key areas needed for leading a healthy and fruitful life: energy, water, sanitation, food, shelter, and resource recovery.
Here are a couple of examples of the types of projects that you could be part of the implementation team for:
1) A smart community platform which aims to accelerate the transition towards bottom-up, resilient smart neighborhoods and cities. The main objective of the platform is to stimulate a local, circular, and sharing economy by facilitating intra and inter-community services. These local services will be enabled via the deployment of an advanced transaction system coupled to a (blockchain-based) alternative currency. Key functions of the platform include: automated billing / settlement systems, administering local energy exchange, enabling a car-sharing program, managing collective procurement of (locally grown) produce, facilitating a local marketplace for offered / desired products and services, and tools for supporting easy system administration. This functionality should be available to the user across multiple platforms and browsers with an intuitive, engaging design.
2) An online customer portal for energy data related to a real-estate portfolio including data such as energy labels, sustainability certificates, installation inspection reports, weather data etc. This will be the customer-facing interface to a data warehouse and should function as a user-friendly business intelligence tool. Your role will be to make the wide range of data sets as easy to access as possible via an intuitive front-end design. Working with the product owner, you will participate in user sessions to devise this front-end.
You should be passionate about applying technology to find optimal solutions and capable of placing yourself in the user’s position in order to provide them with the optimal experience when using Spectral’s solutions. We need someone who has a high attention to detail, is a proactive problem solver and can work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Most of all, we’re looking for someone who is highly motivated to join us on our mission and contribute their efforts to solving the complex challenges that humanity faces.
Our team is international. So fluency in written and spoken English is a must and Dutch language skills a definite bonus. Other key criteria include:
- Skilled in responsive / mobile-first development, e.g. Bootstrap
- Affinity for design and experience with Adobe InDesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Muse
- Familiarity with SEO and accessibility
- Ability to write high-performing, reusable code
- Experience with troubleshooting cross-browser / cross-platform compatibility issues
- Knowledge of version control systems (preferably GitLab)
An awesome multicultural and very ambitious entrepreneurial team and the chance to change the world for the better! You will be offered a market-based, start-up infused salary for a 5 days / week commitment. The start date is flexible but could begin as of February 2018.
Send your resume and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking forward to your response and to meet you in person at our office in Amsterdam-Noord.