SMART BUILDING CONTROL ARCHITECT
SMART BUILDING CONTROL ARCHITECT
Do you have experience with Smart Building Control Architecture and do you want to use your talents to significantly accelerate the energy transition? Take a look at the vacancy below! If you think this is really for you, we would love to hear from you.
Spectral is a fresh and innovative, fast-growing scale-up in the field of sustainable energy technology. With a highly driven international team, we work every day on impact-driven solutions that tackle the technological challenges in the transition to a decentralized sustainable energy system. We do this by developing and implementing smart energy platforms that enable real-time and smart control of wind farms, office buildings, and smart grids. Our mission is to achieve a 100% sustainable energy system!
ABOUT THE SMART BUILDING PLATFORM
Spectral’s smart building platform (SBP) is a comprehensive solution which consists of a number of modules, including powerful data analytics tools that enable our clients to gain deep insights into the performance of their real estate assets, as well as AI-driven forecasting and control systems which optimize the energy efficiency of building HVAC systems and improve comfort levels for tenants. The SBP is already deployed over numerous commercial buildings where data is being drawn from multiple sources, including external APIs (e.g. for weather data), local building management systems, energy sub-meters, and Spectral’s in-house developed sensor clusters which measure real-time climate conditions and occupancy levels. Using these diverse data streams we are able to effectively train machine-learning algorithms and apply advanced model predictive control strategies to continuously improve our smart building control functionalities. Our team is working together to further mature and scale the SBP in order to drive impact in the built environment, rapidly reduce the environmental footprint of buildings, and help our clients achieve their ambitious sustainability goals.
- Collaborate with our control team on the development and refinement of scalable (data-driven) calibrated thermal building models
- Help us develop and implement advanced HVAC control strategies for energy and comfort optimization
- Support our software team with the calibration of the developed models, generation of performance assessment and further improvement of the HVAC control strategies
- Cooperate with a hardware team on creating environmental sensing packages
- Assist software team on deploying and testing new features for Smart Building Platform
- A relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree (in Control Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Building Physics, Energy Technology or similar)
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in control and building modeling
- Familiarity with mechanical, electrical, and control drawings/schematics
- Understanding of classical and modern control methodologies: PID, MPC etc.
- Strong familiarity with data-analysis, building simulations, and developing optimization algorithms
- Proficiency in Python / R / Matlab and relevant database systems
- You like to work in cross-functional, international teams
- You like to work on dynamic, fast-paced, and (technically) complex projects
- You are fluent in English and have solid communication skills
- Understanding of BACnet, Modbus, KNX, LonWorks protocols
- Experience with EnergyPlus, TRNSYS (or similar tools for building simulation)
- Experience with BIM (IFC, gbXML schemas)
- Fluency / Proficiency in Dutch
WHAT WE OFFER
We offer you the unique opportunity to make a real difference in the global energy transition together with a team of 25 international, highly motivated and entrepreneurial team members. The company is growing fast and we are privileged to work with the most gifted and leading customers and partners, both nationally and internationally, on the realization of our energy innovation projects.
In short: you’ll find this both a challenging and entrepreneurial role within an ambitious international working environment, with plenty of room for personal input and growth, and a close-knit team that celebrates successes together.
The salary is in line with market norms. In addition, there is always fresh fruit in the office, a delicious organic lunch on Monday, and we often enjoy a relaxing drink with our neighbors on De Ceuvel in Amsterdam Noord on Friday.